Psoriasis Cure Now Community Network

I am so tired of people who just have to comment when they notice what is going on with my skin. Maybe I'm just grouchy lately because of the P, but I am so tired of people saying, "Oh, looks like you have quite a rash there". If only. At least a rash would go away eventually. I just wonder why people have to comment. Do they think I don't know about it?

Anyway, just felt like venting.

Views: 669

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you ever get tired, let me think, the first time I think,, I'm tired of this shit, would was when I was ten, the second time I was 14, now I didn't say much here, a sweet little gal turn me down for a dance, the third time I was 17 they wouldn't let me in the army the said that when I came back, if I back from Viet Nam the Army would need to take care of this crap. Now I'm 62 and a chaplain, for all intensive purposes I think the Lord has given me a measure of grace to sustain me for each given day, and yes I am still learning about being tired of this P, as each prayer I PRAY is this my thorn in the flesh, if not You Lord can remove it anytime. Arlene you have my most gracious prayers. I have had this for 57 years now, and still praying, and by the way I have been hospitalized 4 times.
I am really frustrated with my psoriasis. It's all over my body and it doesn't go away. I just feel like crying. I don't know what will help it. I have it all over my legs and with it being summer, I don't even try to attempt shorts or skirts. I don't even like looking at myself, because it makes me embarrassed. I just had to get my feelings out. Sorry to be annoying!
You are not annoying- I think many of us feel this way. I've had P for 12 years now and still struggle with it every day. I have it on my arms, hands, legs and feet and have to try and wear long sleeves and long pants, which sucks during the summer in the South! The only encouragement is that they are constantly trying to come up with better medications. I haven't found anything yet to clear my psoriasis, but am hopeful there will be a solution for me in the future. I get depressed/frustrated and I think it's totally normal! Recently, I was hot and my sister-in-law didn't understand why I couldn't just change shirts, saying "I just don't think psoriasis is that big of a deal." AAAAGH! Just know you are not alone and keep on your dermatologist to try different things

Isabella Jolly said:
I am really frustrated with my psoriasis. It's all over my body and it doesn't go away. I just feel like crying. I don't know what will help it. I have it all over my legs and with it being summer, I don't even try to attempt shorts or skirts. I don't even like looking at myself, because it makes me embarrassed. I just had to get my feelings out. Sorry to be annoying!
When kids ask, I usually tell them I wiped out on my skateboard (good for a few dropped jaws as I am a 43-y.o. mom).

When adults ask, I tell them it's not contagious, that it's psoriasis and that it's genetic. That usually shuts them down.
im a 17 year old in high school idk when this started because i always remember having it. its really hard to go through the school day and have people see it and make fun of me. sometimes i go to the bathroom and cry because its so embarasing and nothing will make it go away. idk how to react because of how long its been going on. and honestly to me the stares are the worst because they look at it and then give me durty looks. during a summer school program someone asked me if i drew it on my skin cuz it was the nastiest thing they have ever seen. please if you know of any way to make it better find a way to contact me and tell me
that is actually quite funny. what i do i just save myself the questioning
I'm so sorry, Angie -- I can't imagine what it would've been like to have had it in high school. No, strike that -- I can imagine it and it would suck beyond measure.

The thing that's hard it that the stupid kids that say things at school are doing it to be cruel, because they're kids, looking for any sign of weakness that they can use to break you down just so they can build themselves up. The good news is, when you get out of school, the questions are still annoying, but they tend to come from a different place (less making fun and more fear of catching "whatever it is you've got").

I can't give you much advice except know in your heart that most of the people that are making you feel bad about yourself will soon grow old, fat and bald - and when they do, they'll realize that what's on the outside isn't nearly as important as they thought.

angie freda said:
im a 17 year old in high school idk when this started because i always remember having it. its really hard to go through the school day and have people see it and make fun of me. sometimes i go to the bathroom and cry because its so embarasing and nothing will make it go away. idk how to react because of how long its been going on. and honestly to me the stares are the worst because they look at it and then give me durty looks. during a summer school program someone asked me if i drew it on my skin cuz it was the nastiest thing they have ever seen. please if you know of any way to make it better find a way to contact me and tell me
yI can certainly agree with you. I hate the "dreaded stare" when someone notices a place on my scalp. You always know the next question will be "Whats that on your scalp". I always want to say something rude, crude and totally not like me. I want to say, "What happened to your nose, lip,chin (whatever). Were you born like that. Wow, that sure is ugly!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What's Hot at Psoriasis Cure Now

Sign up to receive Psoriasis Cure Now's free, quarterly Psoriasis Treatment Tips newsletter by email. The latest from top experts, plus common sense ideas from other psoriasis patients.

---------------

---------------
Visit our home page by clicking our logo:

© 2017   Created by Psoriasis Cure Now.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service